US Apostille Blog

US Embassy Single Status

Have you gotten guidance on how to obtain a single status from the local U.S. Embassy office? Click here for a list of all American embassies and consulates around the world.

A U.S. Embassy will typically refer to this document as:
  • Affidavit of Civil Status
  • Eligibility to Marry
  • Single Status

Please be aware that you will need to schedule a meeting with a representative from the American Embassy. To take your oath and notarize your signature on the document, a U.S. Federal notary public must be present.

The original notarized copy must then be mailed to our office in Washington, DC, together with our Washington DC order forms, after being notarized. The processing period is four to seven business days from the time we receive your paperwork at our office.

You can get help from the County Clerk in the county where your last place of residence was if the U.S. Embassy is unable to do so. In most cases, this document is referred to as:

  • No Record of Marriage
  • Certificate of Freedom to Marry
  • Certificate of No Impediment for Marriage
  • Certificate of No Record – Marriage
  • Affidavit of Single Status
  • Affidavit of Marriageability
  • Certificate of No Public Record

The top provider of document certification, legalization, attestation, and apostille services is Visa Express Inc.

Apostilles may be challenging. Don't trust this technique to untrained workers or unqualified individuals who are unaware of the Apostille procedure and the particular needs of several countries. Your paperwork can be turned down, which would cost you time and money. Be awared!

Contact us

Save your time and money on marriage certificate apostille with us: a fast, affordable, and easy process.

San Francisco

507 Polk St, CA 94102

Tel. (415) 810-5954


309 Peters Street, SW, Unit A

Atlanta, GA 30313

(404) 827-0099