Are you planning to live, travel, study or work abroad?. If so, you will need to obtain a recently issued FBI Background Check and have it certified with an Apostille or Embassy stamp, depending on your destination country.
ApostilleUS.com has extensive experience certifying FBI Background Checks for international use. We will guide you step by step until you receive your results. We also provide expedited Apostille/ embassy legalization courier services at a reasonable cost.
Let’s get started
The Criminal Justice Information Service (CJIS) has recently implemented the Electronic Departmental Order (eDO) option to submit requests and receive results electronically through FBI secure servers. The new eDO option expedites the FBI background check processing time and allows you to receive your results electronically as a PDF file then upload it to Apostille my FBI to start the Apostille process immediately.
1. Request FBI Background Check Electronically from the FBI
- Visit the Identity History Summary Check Official Website here.
- Scroll down the page to enter your personal email.
Once you enter your email, you will receive an email from Criminal Justice Information Services firstname.lastname@example.org . The email contains a link and a pin code that you will use to submit your request electronically.
- Use the link provided in your email to start the electronic process. You will access the page that contains the legal information about the Electronic Departmental Order eDO. Read it carefully then press continue.
- Enter the pin code that was provided in your email.
- The application is divided into sections as seen in the picture, applicant information, mailing address, preferences, fingerprint card details and payment.
Fill the Applicant Information
- All fields are mandatory except for your middle name, name suffix, prisoner number (if a previous convict) and your social security number. Although your Social Security number is not mandatory for the FBI, it might be required by the agency that you’re requesting this record for.
- Fill the mandatory sections. Make sure you provide the correct information. Wrong or incorrect information will result in the rejection of your request and may entitle you to legal liability.
Provide the mailing address
- You must provide an address where you will receive your result (if you requested to receive an additional hard copy of your results).
- You may provide an address in the United States or an international address. Be careful to only provide a return envelope using USPS, as this is the only method allowed by the FBI for returning your document.
Complete your Preferences
You will have to decide if you want to:
- Include your birthday on the result sheet
- Receive status notification through email
- Receive an additional hard copy via mail
Submit your payment
- Credit and debit cards are accepted. The fee is $18.00 per request, and print your confirmation email.
2. Obtain Your Fingerprint Card
- If you submit a request electronically directly to the FBI, you may visit a participating U.S. Post Office location to submit your fingerprints electronically as part of your request. You may go to any of the 81 participating U.S. Post Office locations nationwide upon completion of your request. Additional fees may apply.
- If you choose to use a U.S. Post Office location, you must complete your application and payment electronically prior to visiting a U.S. Post Office location to submit your fingerprints electronically as part of your request.
- If you choose not to use a U.S. Post Office location to submit your fingerprints electronically, then you may still mail your completed fingerprint card, along with your confirmation email, to the address listed on your confirmation email.
3. Get Apostille for Your FBI Background Check
Once the FBI processes your request, you will receive a PDF file for your FBI Background Check. Once the file is received, visit apostillus.com website, upload your document , and we will start the Apostille process immediately. Once FBI finishes the apostille of your document, we will mail the document to your return address.